SAN ANTONIO – The Harlandale ISD Board of Trustees is considering a bond election in May 2015.
The bond money would be used for a variety of projects that could exceed $53 million.
The board, district administrators and two committees have worked the past several months to prioritize the following preliminary list of projects:
- Security cameras & surveillance $5.6 million
- STEM Early College High School $12 million
- HHS Health Science Technology & ROTC Building $3.3 million
- MHS Health Science Technology $1.3 million
- MHS Automotive Technology $815,000
- Gillette ES foundation repair $3.1 million
- New Carroll Bell ES $16 million
- New Vestal ES $16 million
- UHS-HISD School-Based Health Clinic $386,000
- Adams ES roof work $250,000
- Central Office roof work $250,000
- Gillette ES roof work $20,000
- Rayburn ES roof work $500,000
- Wright ES roof work $350,000
- HHS PA System $250,000
- KMS PA System $175,000
- HMS PA System $200,000
- Total $60,496,000
School district officials said the list of projects is still being worked on and changes are possible.
Several town hall meetings will be scheduled in late fall and early spring to identify the projects that have been chosen.