Mother, child treated after fumes fill apartment
SAN ANTONIO – A mother and her child were treated by paramedics Friday after strong fumes took over their apartment.
It happened around 6:30 p.m. in the 9300 block of Perrin Beitel Road.
Firefighters and a HAZMAT crew responded to the call of a strong smell of chemicals.
The woman and her child were checked out by paramedics but were not taken to the hospital.
Deborah Foster, with the San Antonio Fire Department, said she believes the smell was either glue or paint that was being used to renovate the apartment.
Fire crews ventilated the apartment before allowing the family back inside.
The family's apartment was the only unit affected by the fumes.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.