NEISD board to meet over proposed boundary realignment
SAN ANTONIO – Some changes may soon be coming to the Northeast Independent School District boundary lines.
The school board is set to meet next month to discuss a proposal that would send all Bush Middle School students to Reagan High School starting in the 2015-2016 school year.
Under the current boundary map, 95 percent of Bush students go on to Reagan, with the other 5 percent going to Johnson.
The changes would affect about 120 students in four neighborhoods.
Construction is currently underway at Reagan that will add a new addition to replace portable buildings.
The district also announced a grandfather clause to the affected neighborhoods, in which all current NEISD and middle school students can continue to attend Johnson if they want to. However, they would not have access to bus service.
The school board is scheduled to meet on Dec. 8.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.