Man sets home on fire while installing AC unit
Fire happened in the 11900 block of Dawnhaven St.
SAN ANTONIO – A man accidentally set his home on fire when he was installing an air conditioning unit Tuesday evening.
The fire happened in 11900 block of Dawnhaven Street on the city's Northwest Side.
Fire officials said the homeowner was welding in his backyard when sparks started flying and set the side of the home on fire.
The fire was contained to the roof and attic, causing thousands of dollars in damage, fire officials said. Fortunately no one was injured.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.