Mother, 2 kids escape house fire
Dog dies in fire on Dove Creek
SAN ANTONIO – A mother and two children escaped a house fire Monday morning on the city's West Side.
The fire started around 9:30 a.m. in the 2100 block of Dove Creek.
Fire crews said the blaze destroyed an attached room that was part of the back porch converted to a playroom.
The mother and two kids managed to escape.
A dog in a kennel died in the blaze.
The fire department listed the cause of the fire as a cigarette lighter.
Damage was estimated at $45,000.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.