Officer Marcus Trujillo answers the question of whether the hands-free ordinance applies to bicyclists:
"The way the hands-free ordinance was written, this applies to motorized vehicles. So unless you put a motor on your bicycle, chances are it's not going to apply to you."
- Can you legally drive on the highway below the speed limit?
- What exactly is hands-free?
- BCSO will enforce the hands-free law in only one place
- What laws do bicyclists have to follow?
- Can you see the officer's radar if you're pulled over for speeding?
- Will covering up your VIN keep thieves from stealing your car?
- When is it legal to cross the street?
- Will crying get you out of a ticket?
- BAD ANSWER: "Officer, I only had 2 beers"
- Do you have to wear shoes while driving?
- Is there a minimum age to ride a motorcycle?
- What should you do if you're pulled over at night?
- What may get you out of a ticket