Family violence fugitive featured on KSAT-12 arrested
Mark Saucedo, 23, charged with family violence, drug possession
SAN ANTONIO – A man wanted for a violent attack on a family member and drug charges was arrested less than two weeks after he was featured on KSAT-12.
Mark Saucedo, 23, was arrested early Tuesday evening on several charges. Saucedo was featured May 20 on KSAT-12's Crime Fighters Takedown Day. During the 12-hour focus on people wanted for various crimes, representatives from the U.S. Marshals Lonestar Fugitive Task Force, the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and the San Antonio Police Department took calls from viewers about the fugitives seen on the air and online.
Saucedo was wanted for assault-family violence by choking/strangulation, two counts each of possession with intent to deliver cocaine and marijuana.
He is the eighth featured fugitive arrested. Other featured fugitives arrested:
- Karina Gallegos, 26, was arrested Tuesday. Police said Gallegos had an intimate relationship with a boy in his early teens at her workplace. When the relationship was discovered, Gallegos was suspended. Police said Gallegos stated "she planned on continuing the relationship regardless of being caught.
- Nicholas Pereida, 30, had been wanted since December on a charge of sexual assault of a child. He was arrested Thursday, May 28. Pereida was charged with the sexual assault of a child, as well as two counts of harboring a runaway, felon in possession of a firearm and evading arrest.
- Sandra Herrera, 41, was arrested over the Memorial Day holiday weekend for failure to stop and render aid. On Oct. 17, 2013, a pedestrian was crossing Fredericksburg Road at the Babcock crosswalk when he was hit by a car allegedly driven by Herrera. The victim fell back and hit his head. The driver left the scene. Police said the owner of the car said Herrera was driving the car. Police did talk to Herrera after the accident but did not arrest her.
- Larry Diaz was arrested Thursday, May 21. He's accused of getting angry with his wife and her 14-year-old son because they did not wish him a happy Father's Day in 2014.
Diaz allegedly broke items in the house and pushed his wife out of the home, slamming the front door on her. The woman said she tried to get the keys to her car from Diaz's truck, but he closed the door on her right arm and leg three times. Her 14-year-old son tried to stop the attack and Diaz allegedly broke the boy's nose.
- Charles Lutz was arrested Wednesday, May 20, after a viewer tip led the U.S. Marshals to him. Lutz is accused of sexually abusing two girls -- ages 10 and 12 -- in June 2013.
- Mathew Rodriguez was wanted for sexually assaulting a child in March 2013. He was arrested in Val Verde County on an unrelated drug charge. There's no word on when he'll be transferred to San Antonio on the other charge.
- Paul Davila turned himself in to the Bexar County Jail after seeing himself on TV May 20. He was wanted for shooting at a vehicle with the two victims during a chase in July 2014. The victims weren't hurt, but their vehicle had a bullet hole in a window. Davila was wanted for two counts of aggravated assault. A caller told police Wednesday night that Davila surrendered at the Bexar County Jail.
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.