Cellphone provides clues in burglary case
Michael Flores, 31, facing burglary charge
SAN ANTONIO – A 31-year-old man identified as Michael Flores is suspected of committing at least one burglary after Hollywood Park police said they found evidence on his cellphone tying him to the crime.
An arrest affidavit stated that Flores had been arrested by San Antonio police in connection with a separate crime in May when detectives from Hollywood Park obtained a warrant to search his cell phone.
The affidavit stated that SAPD detectives tipped off Hollywood Park investigators that the phone contained evidence.
Hollywood Park investigators said that during a search of the phone, they found text message, photos and call records linking Flores to the crime.
The affidavit stated that some of the photos were of items taken during the burglary.
In the text messages, police said Flores told another man that he had some merchandise to sell him, the affidavit stated.
Detectives spoke with the other man and found some of the stolen items at his business, the affidavit stated.
However, the man told investigators he did not know they were stolen when he purchased them from Flores, the affidavit stated.
A burglary charge was filed against Flores on Sunday.
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.