The Company: KSAT12 is a #1 ABC affiliate and a Graham Media Group station with strong community ties and top ratings. We are known for our aggressive reporting style and a keen ability to embrace new digital technologies. As if that's not enough, we now have a new state-of-the-art multi-media complex in which to create new content opportunities for audiences across a broad range of digital platforms.
The Position: Executive Producer, Good Morning San Antonio
KSAT12 News is looking for a strong leader to take the reins of our top-rated, award-winning morning newscast.
The Executive Producer will oversee all aspects of GMSA from 4:30am-7:00am, as well as our local news cut-ins during Good Morning America. The EP will manage all the resources of our morning team, including anchors, reporters, photographers, editors, producers, associate producers and overnight web producers. They will work with the News Director and other news managers to set and maintain our editorial direction, including high journalistic standards, strong writing and production values and the high-level implementation of research findings to strengthen our product on air, online and on social media channels.
The right candidate must be passionate about morning television, understanding the nuances of a local morning newscast, and possessing strong news judgment. The ideal EP for GMSA will demonstrate solid organizational skills, be an effective communicator who's a vocal participant in group meetings and discussions. We're looking for someone who's quick to jump on breaking news and severe weather – managing the message across all platforms, including broadcast, online, mobile and social channels. They must be plugged in to social media strategies, with a keen understanding of ways to use social media to enhance the morning content.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a newsroom manager, or at least 5 years experience as a senior level news producer in a commercial newsroom;
- Experience supervising, training, coaching and motivating a team;
- Degree in journalism or related field preferred;
- High level of expertise across emerging multi-media platforms;
- Familiarity with FCC rules and laws pertaining to broadcasting, privacy issues, ethics, employment and labor;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, breaking news environment;
- Willingness to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, mornings, holidays.
KSAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KSAT will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
To apply, send resume, writing samples and any newscast links to:
Bernice Kearney, News Director
1408 N. St. Mary's Street, San Antonio, Texas 78215
We regret that we will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom we have an interest.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.