Handyman sparks fire at apartment
Man hospitalized after fire at apartment on Alametos
SAN ANTONIO – A man who was doing some handywork at his home was hospitalized after he caused a fire at an apartment complex Wednesday night.
The fire was reported just after 10 p.m. in the 900 block of Alametos off Blanco Road.
San Antonio Fire Department investigators say the man was working on a wall near the water heater and caused a small explosion when he got too close to the pilot light with an aerosal can.
The man was transported to University Hospital with burns to his face and arms, fire officials said. No other injuries were reported.
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.