76ºF

Ad

Southeast Side family escapes house fire

Fire took place just after 1 a.m. in the 1400 block of Devoto Avenue

SAN ANTONIO – A family was able to safely get out of a burning house early Tuesday, the San Antonio Fire Department said.

The fire occurred just after 1 a.m. in the 1400 block of Devoto Avenue, near South Presa and Fair Avenue on the city's Southeast Side.

Investigators said an electric space heater may have sparked the flames.

Several people were asleep at the time but were able to make it out safely.

There is no word yet of the cost of the damage.


About the Author: