SAN ANTONIO – City Hall and most municipal offices will be closed Monday in observation of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. Public safety and emergency services will remain in operation.
There will be no garbage and recycling collection on Monday. The schedule for collection is as follows:
- Monday collection moves to Tuesday
- Tuesday collection moves to Wednesday
- Bulky waste collection centers, brush centers and the household hazardous waste facility
- Child Care Services administrative offices
- City-operated comprehensive Senior Centers
- Head Start locations
- Human Services Emergency assistance sites
- Municipal Court – Residents may pay citations online, at the 24-hour drop box located in the front of the Frank Wing Building, 401 S. Frio St. or in-person with a City court clerk at the Magistrate and Detention Center, open 24-hours-a-day
- Office of the City Clerk, Passport Office, Records, Municipal Archives and Vital Records
- Pre-K 4 SA centers and administrative offices
- Parking meters: Downtown visitors will enjoy an on-street parking meter holiday.
- Parks and Recreation Community centers, senior centers, San Antonio Natatorium, McFarlin Tennis Center, Enrique M. Barrera Fitness Center and the Ron Darner Parks and Recreation Headquarters and administrative offices. There will be no dance or music classes or Fitness in the Park classes.
- Spanish Governor’s Palace
- 311 Call Center will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Residents can also submit City service requests 24/7 through the City’s mobile app, San Antonio 311, or by visiting the self-service online portal.
- Animal Care Services lobby and adoption center will be open from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 18. Animal Care Services officers will be on duty.
- La Villita shops
- Market Square shops
- San Antonio Botanical Garden
- Senior Nutrition Sites: Contact individual nutrition sites for holiday schedule information.