Clothes dryer blamed for East Side house fire
Family of eight safely escapes fire
SAN ANTONIO – A family of eight, including six children, safely escaped their home after it caught fire early Wednesday morning.
The fire was reported around 6 a.m. at a home in the 4000 block of Indian Sunrise on the city's East Side.
A woman who lives in the home said she smelled smoke coming from a clothes dryer while her kids were getting ready for school. Fire officials said the dryer was in a makeshift room in the garage.
The fire caused $75,000 worth of damage.
Firefighters said there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
The family is getting help from the Red Cross and Burned Out Survivors Fund.
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.