Dog dies in Northwest Side apartment fire
Resident says fire started in kitchen as he was cooking
SAN ANTONIO – An apartment fire that claimed the life of a dog on Wednesday started as a man was cooking in his kitchen.
The fire started around 2 p.m. on Medical Drive. The San Antonio Fire Department said 14 units responded.
When firefighters arrived, fire was seen coming from a second-floor unit of the three-story building.
The man who lived in the unit said he had placed oil on the stove and walked away for a few minutes, the fire department said. When he came back, his kitchen was on fire.
The fire department said the fire was contained to the unit and its two occupants were the only residents displaced. No one was injured, but a dog died in the fire.
Damage is estimated at $40,000.
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.