NEISD employees to get salary increase
Distict said raises will cost $8.45 million
SAN ANTONIO – North East Independent School District employees will see an increase in their salaries next school year after a vote by the Board of Trustees.
The district said it will spend more than $8.45 million to provide the raises.
“Our employees are very deserving of this pay increase,” said Dr. Brian G. Gottardy, the superintendent of schools. “We must continue to recruit and retain the most highly qualified staff in order to sustain the district’s tradition of excellence. Our employees are the reason our students are so successful.”
The pay increases include:
- Increase the starting salary for beginning teachers/librarians with zero years experience to $51,100
- For eligible teachers/librarians, grant an across the board $1,111 annual general pay increase
- Place new-to-district teachers/librarians with 25+ years of experience at the new maximum of $61,276
- Adjust the professional/administrative pay scales by 1 percent
- Grant a 2 percent general pay increase for eligible employees off the midpoint of the new 2016-2017 pay grades
- For returning professional/administrators not earning a year of credit, grant a scale adjustment increase of 1 percent off the midpoint of the new 2016-2017 pay grades
- Adjust the classified pay scales by 1.5 percent
- Grant a 3 percent general pay increase for eligible employees off the midpoint of the new 2016-2017 pay grades
- For returning classified personnel not earning a year of credit, grant a scale adjustment increase of 1.5 percent off the midpoint of the new 2016-2017 pay grades
Gottardy said the district will be dipping into its fund balance to make the raises possible
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.