SAN ANTONIO – VIA Metropolitan Transit will debut new routes and service changes Aug. 22 on the city's Northeast Side and in Kirby.
The route changes are listed below:
- 505 Basse: Route will continue as route 509 at Randolph Park & Ride with a minor schedule adjustment. No trips will continue as route 632.
- 509 Hildebrand: Route will continue as route 505 at Randolph Park & Ride with a minor schedule adjustment. No trips will continue as route 630.
- 629 Industry Park: New route split from current route 630. Route will run every 60 minutes from Randolph Park & Ride to Industry Park and Artisan at Salado Creek Apartments.
- 630 Randolph/Sunrise: Route will be split into three routes (629, 630, and 631) while still maintaining the same coverage and level of service. New route 630 will run every 60 minutes from Randolph Park & Ride to Kirby (Wagner High School). Route will serve Summer Fest Drive on weekends.
- 631 Sunrise/Summer Fest: New route split from current route 630. Route will run every 60 minutes from Randolph Park & Ride to Summer Fest Drive, with additional morning and evening trips.
- 632 Randolph/Ventura: Route will be expanded to create a new branch from Randolph Park & Ride to the IDEA Walzem School and Glen Mont Drive every 30 minutes. The branch from Randolph Park & Ride to the Ventura neighborhood also will run every 30 minutes. Service from Randolph to Walzem and Montgomery will run every 15 minutes.
In addition, Routes 21, 77 and 616 will have minor schedule adjustments.
The downtown lineup location on St. Mary's Street (traveling south) at Commerce Street will close Aug. 22.
The affected lineup routes will have the following new locations:
Route 242: Commerce Street (traveling west) at St. Mary's Street
Route 251: Market Street at St. Mary's Street
Route 282: St. Mary's Street at Market Street
New pocket schedules are available at www.VIAinfo.net. Printed pocket schedules are available at VIA information centers and on buses.
Passengers can find out how the changes will affect their trips by using the online Personal Trip Planner up to 14 days in advance and enter a trip date later than Aug. 22, 2016.
For additional information on the service changes, call 210-362-2020.