84ºF

Family escapes house fire, woman hospitalized with minor burns

Fire was reported around 3:30 a.m. in 1400 block of W. Wildwood Dr

SAN ANTONIO – A woman was hospitalized with minor burns and a man and three children were checked out for smoke inhalation after an early morning house fire, San Antonio firefighters said Tuesday.

The fire was first reported by a neighbor around 3:30 a.m. in the 1400 block of W. Wildwood Drive, found the city's North Side.

Firefighters said two younger boys were asleep on the couch and woke to the fire in the living room. The children then alerted their parents officials said, before the family escaped the premises.

The man and the three children -- ages 4,5, and 10 -- were all checked for smoke inhalation but did not have to go to the hospital. The woman however, officials said, had minor burns on her arms and face and had to be taken to an area hospital.

Firefighters said the fire caused roughly $15,000 worth of damage the home.

Arson looked into the cause of the fire and believe the fire was accidental, most likely caused by an electrical overload. 


About the Authors: