58ºF

Man sleeping in shed escapes candle fire

Fire was reported just after 3:30 a.m. in 1400 block of Saenz St

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters said a man is alright after the shed he was sleeping in caught fire early Friday morning.

The fire was reported just after 3:30 a.m. in the 1400 block of Saenz Street, found near Loop 410 and Roosevelt on the city's far South Side.

Firefighters said the fire was sparked by a candle burning inside the shed. 

Firefighters said the man sleeping was not injured by the fire and was able to get out safely thanks to a fire alarm.

The fire caused about $10,000 worth of damage to the shed and $5,000 worth of damage to the back of a nearby home, fire officials said.


About the Author: