SAN ANTONIO – A 29-year-old man has been indicted by a Bexar County grand jury in the deaths of four women, including the sexual assault of one.
Johnny Joe Avalos is charged in the deaths of Natalie Chavez, 15; Rosemary Perez, 28; Celia Ann Lopez, 29; and Genevieve Ramirez, 46.
Chavez (pictured, below) was found naked on the cement embankment of a bridge on Veracruz on the city's West Side on Dec. 18, 2014.
- Vigil held on anniversary for teen found dead under bridge
- Family of teen found dead under bridge facing social media assault
- Scammer tries to profit off death of teenage girl found under West Side bridge
- Father of teen found strangled to death under bridge wants justice
- Naked body found under bridge ID'd as 15-year-old girl
Perez was discovered wrapped in a sheet along a sidewalk in the 2100 block of San Fernando on Jan. 12, 2015.
Ramirez was found unresponsive in an alley in the 100 block of Avondale on April 3, 2015. She died in a hospital two months later.
Lopez's body was discovered 12 days later in a fenced-in area in the 4400 block of South Presa.
Avalos is charged with four counts of capital murder.
The DA's Office plans to seek the death penalty against Avalos.
He is scheduled to make a court appearance Dec. 19 in the 437th District Court, where a judge can set future hearings or trial dates.