81ºF

Fire caused by wall heater damages South Side home

Fire was reported around 8:30 a.m. in 300 block of McNarney St

photo

SAN ANTONIO – A wall heater is being blamed for a fire at a home on the city's South Side, fire officials said Wednesday.

The fire was reported around 8:30 a.m. in the 300 block of McNarney Street, found near Palo Alto College.

Officials said the fire started in a heater on the first floor and spread through the wall to the second floor.

Firefighters said they had to knock down a wall to get the fire out.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

Damage was limited to $10,000.


About the Author: