Fire damages apartment complex in Medical Center
2-alarm fire at Turtle Creek Vista Apartments considered accidental
SAN ANTONIO – A two-alarm fire Friday morning damaged about eight apartment units in the Medical Center, fire officials said.
The fire was reported around 10:45 a.m. at the Turtle Creek Vista Apartments in the 3600 block of Medical Drive.
Fire officials said it appears that the fire started in the wall of a unit and spread to the attic.
No injuries were reported and a dog was saved.
Three residents were displaced.
A resident said he smelled smoke and at first thought it was a candle or a maintenance issue.
"There was pounding at my doors, 'Get out, there is a fire!'" he said. "And I'm kind of in disbelief. You know, I don't have much clothes on. I'm scrambling to put things on."
Fire officials said the blaze appears to be accidental and might have been caused by an electrical problem.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.