Neighbors raise money for family whose home was destroyed after fire
Crews said electrical issue sparked fire
SAN ANTONIO – Neighbors came through for a family whose Southwest Side home was destroyed in a fire Tuesday night.
Fire crews said an electrical issue sparked a fire in the back of the house on Port of Call Drive.
Five people were inside and only made it out thanks to neighbors who knocked on their door to alert them.
The neighborhood came together to raise money for the family, so they can get back on their feet.
There was at least $60,000 worth of damage to the home.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.