SAN ANTONIO – A man who was arrested following an armed robbery earlier this month is now facing additional charges.
San Antonio police believe Francisco Barron, 34, robbed several stores, including a. 99-Cent Plus store on Jan. 4.
An arrest warrant affidavit said that in that case, a masked man walked into the business in the 300 block of North Zarzamora, pointed a gun at a clerk and demanded cash. Witnesses reported seeing the robber leave the scene in a gold-colored Toyota Camry.
The affidavit said that police caught Barron the following day driving a similar car while fleeing the scene of another robbery. They also had a report of another robbery one hour prior to that, the affidavit said.
Police said they questioned Barron after his arrest and he confessed to committing the crimes and others, the affidavit said.
Records show Barron has been in custody since that date. Additional charges were filed against him on Monday.