66ºF

Ad

Faulty fireplace blamed for fire in NW Side home

Firefighters say there also was too much wood in fireplace

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters blamed a cracked and overloaded fireplace for causing a fire in a Northwest Side home early Friday morning.

Firefighters responded to the 200 block of Inspiration Drive at 4:35 a.m. and found fire only in the room where the fireplace is located.

A battalion chief at the scene said it appeared there was too much wood in the fireplace. He also said the fireplace itself had a crack which allowed the fire to escape.

Two people inside the home managed to get out safely.

Firefighters said the damage was contained to one room of the home. 


About the Author: