Family sets fire to keep warm, damages living room

About $20,000 worth of damage

SAN ANTONIO – A family manages to get out of their home unharmed after a fire they set to keep warm got out of control early Saturday morning. 

According to the San Antonio Fire Department, the family did not have electricity and set a fire inside the fireplace of their living room in order to keep warm.

Around 2:30 a.m., the fire was reportedly coming out of the roof. The fire was contained to the living room but caused about $20,000 worth of damage.

About the Author: