75ºF

6 escape East Side refrigerator fire

Fire was reported around 4:15 a.m. in 200 block of Bee St

SAN ANTONIO – Six people escaped a fire started by a refrigerator early Monday morning, firefighters said.

Th fire was reported around 4:15 a.m. in the 200 block of Bee Street, found just north of I-35 near Walters Street on the city's East Side.

Firefighters said the residents inside the home were watching television when they noticed sparks and then fire coming from the fridge.

All six people inside made it out of the home safely, firefighters said. A 74-year-old woman was checked out by paramedics at the scene after breathing in smoke. 

Damage is estimated at $50,000.


About the Authors: