Water heater may be to blame for Southwest Side fire

SAN ANTONIO – A water heater is possibly to blame for a house fire on the city’s Southwest Side.

The fire happened about 5:30 p.m. Friday on Allendale Drive near South General McMullen Drive.

The San Antonio Fire Department said people living inside the home did not have electricity and were using a generator.

As they filled up the generator with gas, some spilled near a water heater, sparking flames.

Damage is estimated at $30,000. No one was injured.

Sign up for email alerts today.

Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox.

All of the day’s important news keeping you up to date wherever you are.

Click here to sign up today.