VIA makes route adjustments to accommodate ongoing construction projects
Route adjustments begin May 1, VIA says
SAN ANTONIO – In order to accommodate ongoing construction projects, VIA Metropolitan Transit is making route adjustments beginning May 1.
The construction, which is being done in order to update infrastructure and improve traffic flow in the region, will affect the following VIA services:
- San Pedro Skip (3) will be modified to enter and exit downtown on Flores Street, due to construction at Romana Plaza.
- Porter, or 28, will be modified near Amanda and Yucca streets, due to longterm construction.
- West Commerce Skip, or 76, will be modified to enter and exit downtown on Flores Street, due to construction at Romana Plaza.
- IH-10/Fiesta Texas Express, or 94, will be modified to enter Fiesta Texas only on northbound trips when the park is open. Southbound trips will remain on La Cantera Parkway.
- VIVA Centro, or 301, will be modified to travel into downtown from Centro Plaza using Buena Vista, Nueva and Navarro streets instead of West Houston Street, due to longterm construction in the area.
Routes 17, 62, 64, 89, 93, 101, 550 and 551 will also have minor adjustments, according to VIA.
Click here for a new pocket schedule, or call 210-362-2020 for additional information on service changes.
Don't miss a thing. Get email alerts from KSAT12 today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox. Breaking news, severe weather, daily forecasts, entertainment news, all of the day’s important events to keep you up to date wherever you are.
Sign up today. It's Free.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.