Fire caused by water heater damages East Side home

Fire was reported just before 11:30 p.m. in 2600 block of Steves Ave

SAN ANTONIO – An overnight fire caused roughly $30,000 in damage to a home on the city's East Side, San Antonio firefighters said Monday.

The fire was reported just before 11:30 p.m. in the 2600 block of Steves Avenue.

Fire crews said the flames were contained to a hot water closet in the garage. An electrical problem with the water heater sparked the flames, firefighters said.

Firefighters said people were living inside the garage apartment, but that they were able to make it out safely.

Nobody was hurt in the fire.

--------------------------------------------------------

Don't miss a thing. Get email alerts from KSAT12 today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox. Breaking news, severe weather, daily forecasts, entertainment news, all of the day’s important events to keep you up to date wherever you are.

Sign up today. It's Free.


About the Author: