SAN ANTONIO – Two Wagner High School students have been arrested in connection with a break-in at their school in February.
Jimmy Hennigar, 18, and Jakob Ponce, 19, were taken into custody Monday afternoon on a charge of criminal trespass.
A spokesman for the Judson Independent School District had released a statement earlier in the day, saying that school district police were conducting an investigation along with the FBI.
The statement mentioned that they were searching the homes of two unnamed students in connection with two break-ins at Wagner in February and April.
It said that surveillance video showed four people in dark clothing walking through the school's hallways after hours, some of whom had GoPro cameras strapped to their heads.
During the search of the students' homes, investigators said they were looking for recording devices, including GoPros and cell phones.
According to an arrest warrant affidavit, staff members at Wagner identified Hennigar and Ponce as two of the people in the surveillance video.
One person told investigators she remembers confiscating a GoPro camera from Ponce during class earlier in the year but then returned it to him, the affidavit said.
The charges against Hennigar and Ponce stem from the February break-in.
The affidavit does not mention if they also are considered suspects in the April break-in, or whether investigators have identified the two other people who were caught on camera inside the school.
Don't miss a thing. Get email alerts from KSAT12 today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox. Breaking news, severe weather, daily forecasts, entertainment news, all of the day’s important events to keep you up to date wherever you are.
Sign up today. It's Free.