Family gathers to mark anniversary of shooting victim's death

No arrests still in death of 25-year-old Mark Marcias Jr.

SAN ANTONIO – A year has now passed, and there are still no arrests in the death of 25-year-old Mark Marcias Jr.

Marcias' family came together to mark the first anniversary of his passing.

His mother, Elizabeth Pereyra, hopes someone will come forward with new information in the case and said she still remembers the days of her son's death.

"That afternoon, his daughter actually had a soccer game, so I was supposed to pick him up and he was supposed to go to the game with us, but, of course, that never happened," Pereyra said.

Marcias' family believes someone he knew shot and killed him on July 1 last year. The military veteran was shot several times next to his grandfather's south Bexar County property.

Detectives are asking the public for help with new leads. Anyone with information is asked to call the BCSO Homicide Unit at 210-335-6070.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Don't miss a thing. Get email alerts from KSAT12 today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox. Breaking news, severe weather, daily forecasts, entertainment news, all of the day’s important events to keep you up to date wherever you are.

Sign up today. It's Free.

 

 


About the Author: