71ºF

Small furniture business goes up in flames on West Side

Officials believe business salvageable, patio collapsed

SAN ANTONIO – A small business owner found his shop in flames Thursday afternoon.

The fire happened about 2 p.m. in the 1400 block Northwest 24th Street, not too far from El Mercado H-E-B, at a house turned into a furniture refurbishing business.

San Antonio Fire Department officials said the owner was varnishing some furniture and then left to drop off other pieces of furniture. He returned to find the house on fire.

Officials believe the home is salvageable, but the patio of the house collapsed.

No one was injured. It's unclear how the fire started.

Damage is estimated to cost around $30,000

The owner said he's had his business there for over 40 years.

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Don't miss a thing. Get email alerts from KSAT 12 today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox. Breaking news, severe weather, daily forecasts, entertainment news, all of the day’s important events to keep you up to date wherever you are.

Sign up today. It's Free.