60ºF

Fire on balcony spreads, damages apartment

Fire was reported just after 10 p.m. at Iron Horse Valley Apartments

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters said someone set a can of gasoline on fire at an apartment complex overnight.

The fire was reported just after 10 p.m. Tuesday at the Iron Horse Valley Apartments near Loop 410 and Starcrest Road.

Officials said someone started the fire on the balcony, which ultimately damaged one unit.

RELATED: Day care staff praised for saving children from fire

RELATED: Electrical fire causes $10K worth of damage to home on West Side

Fire crews were able to put out the fire quickly.

The building was evacuated and no one was hurt.

At this time a damage estimate is not presently known.


About the Author: