GAINESVILLE, Florida – The Gainesville Police Department has been posting updates about Hurricane Irma clean up, but that’s not what people are focusing on.
The department’s Facebook page has been inundated with comments on photos of some of the officers.
An update on one of the photos even told people not to call 911 and request a certain group to respond to personal “incidents.”
The update for one photo reads:
1. We are dying with the comments. You've actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your "incident"
6. There WILL be a calendar.
The calendar will be put together quickly in the coming weeks with all proceeds going to Hurricane Irma relief in Florida.
We love ya, Gainesville! These lovely ladies brought Detective Jones and Officer Gough snacks...and then heard a tree fall - back to work!Posted by Gainesville Police Department on Monday, September 11, 2017
More of the amazing first responders taking care of business post-Irma!Posted by Gainesville Police Department on Tuesday, September 12, 2017
We have our very own dog whisperer out and about tonight! Officer Smoak-PrincePosted by Gainesville Police Department on Monday, September 11, 2017