Cooking mistake leads to house fire in Converse

Home is destroyed

Photo does not have a caption

CONVERSE, Texas – A cooking mistake is what led to a house fire in Converse on Friday.

A fire captain at the scene said the fire started in the garage and spread to the entire first floor of the two-story home by the time firefighters arrived.

Fire officials said the homeowner was frying something in the garage. He left and came back outside to find the garage on fire.

The homeowner and his dog made it out safely, but their home is a complete loss.

The captain said the high humidity made the fire one of the hottest Converse fire crews have had to battle in a while.

About the Author: