69ºF

Iconic San Antonio restaurant damaged by fire might open temporary location

Location of temporary restaurant not yet released

photo

SAN ANTONIO – Owners of Chris Madrid’s are offering new developments in their rebuilding process after last month’s fire.

In a Facebook post, owners of the iconic restaurant said the earliest they would be able to open is late spring of next year. They are looking to possibly open a temporary location but are waiting to tie down a few loose ends before making that location public.

The Oct. 15 fire left the restaurant wrecked.

Investigators told the owner a faulty extension cord in the back storeroom most likely caused the fire and it appeared to be an accident.

The restaurant has been able to restore power to part of the building. It also managed to recover almost all of the autographed T-shirts, photographs and awards from the fire.

Owners are still working to determine the scope of the fire damage and the cost for repairs.