Fire breaks out at OLLU's yet to be opened dormitory after boxes placed on stove

Photo does not have a caption

SAN ANTONIO – A fire broke out at a yet to be opened dormitory at Our Lady of the Lake University on Sunday after workers who were moving furniture into the rooms placed boxes on a stove in one of the units.

Firefighters said the burner was accidentally turned on at some point, causing the boxes to catch on fire.

The sprinkler system in the dormitory put most of the flames out. 

Fire officials said the dorm suffered a few thousand dollars in fire damage and even more in water damage.

Authorities said the fire shouldn't delay the opening of the dormitory and that "90 percent" of the damage could be addressed within the day.