Apartment fire prompts evacuation on North Side

Heater blamed for fire at Kenton Village Apartments on Nacogdoches Road

Photo does not have a caption

SAN ANTONIO – Residents at a North Side apartment complex were evacuated late Tuesday after a fire broke out.

The fire was reported around 10 p.m. at the Kenton Village Apartments in the 14600 block of Nacogdoches Road.

Fire officials said the fire started in a heater in the wall in the first floor and quickly spread to the second floor.

Related: Fire damages warehouse near downtown

The fire was put out in about 30 minutes, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported.

A damage estimate wasn't immediately available.


About the Author:

David Ibañez has been managing editor of KSAT.com since the website's launch in October 2000.