Fire breaks out in garage of duplex on Far West Side
No one injured in fire
SAN ANTONIO – Authorities believe a heat lamp attached to a bird cage started a fire that damaged a duplex on the Far West Side Saturday night.
The fire started in the garage of a home in the 9700 block of Vale Drive.
The fire spread to a nearby garage and the duplex, located behind the garages, mainly suffered smoke and water damage. At least three cars were damaged in the fire.
San Antonio Fire Department Captain Jacob Garza said the garage was a total loss so firefighters concentrated their efforts on saving the home from the flames.
Garza said there were no injuries and that no one was home at the time of the fire. He estimates damages to be $50,000.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.