Downed power line may have sparked West Side house fire

No one home when fire started

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio fire investigators say they are looking at a downed power line as the possible cause of a house fire on the city's West Side.

Firefighters responded to a 911 call around 3:30 a.m. Thursday and found fire coming from the home, located in the 400 block of Laverne Avenue.

Investigators said it appeared that a power line may have come down on the home, sparking the fire.

RELATED: Shed fire near downtown causes estimated $15,000 in damage

RELATED: Video shows close-up look at massive blaze during 2-alarm fire near USAA

The fire caused about $10,000 in damage to the home and a pickup truck in the driveway.

No one was home at the time.

Firefighters said neighbors told them they had no way to contact the people who live there.

About the Authors: