SAN ANTONIO – A 14-year-old boy was released from the hospital after his family says a bullet grazed his head during a hundred-person brawl that broke out at their East Side home early Saturday morning.
Police were called to a home in the 300 block of Susanwood Drive just before 2 a.m. after witnesses reported shots had been fired during a fight.
The teenager's soon-to-be stepfather, Perry McElroy, said he hosted an end-of-year get-together for his kids and their friends, who were all high school and middle school-aged.
McElroy said older men who weren't invited began shooting during a brawl that ensued after a fight between two girls.
McElroy said he was hit in the back of the head as he struggled with the shooter. He said his fiancee, her 13-year-old son and the 14-year-old that was grazed in the head by a bullet were all taken to the hospital and released today.
McElroy said his daughter suffered some kind of anxiety attack and has not been released yet.
The gunman was able to get away before police arrived, McElroy said.