SAN ANTONIO – A stylish Southtown restaurant and bar failed its latest health inspection after Metro Health found a large amount of rodent droppings in the kitchen, observed employees fail to wash their hands, and mixed clean and dirty dishes on a drying rack, records show.
Feast earned a 69 on its most recent health inspection, dated July 24.
Records show the restaurant and bar located at 1024 South Alamo St. has never scored below an 85 on its health inspections.
Spaghetti Warehouse made the dirty list again, earning a 78 after inspectors observed employees fail to wash their hands, use contaminated gloves to handle patrons' plates and food debris on dishes that had been washed.
Spaghetti Warehouse, located at 1226 Houston St., previously received a failing score of 65. The president of the Italian eatery told KSAT 12 Defenders he was embarrassed by the failing score.
You can read the full reports by searching the Metro Health website.
The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Blanco BBQ, 13259 Blanco Rd., 100
- Cascabel Restaurant, 37 NE Loop 410, 100
- Elsa’s Restaurant, 2711 S. Flores St., 100
- Don Luis, Mexican Vegetarian Food, 5446 Evers Rd., 99
- Poke Planet, 7302 Louis Pasteur, 99
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar, 17623 La Cantera Pkwy., 98
- La Tienda, 627 Cupples Rd., 98
- Pizza Patron, 5835 Culebra Rd., 97
- El Tequila Mexican Restaurant, 7628 Marbach Rd., 94
- Fogo De Chao, 849 E. Commerce St., 91
- China Rose, 2535 SW Military Dr., 89
- Taco Guadalajara, 6531 FM 78, 87
- Pho Hung Cuong Vietnamese Restaurant, 12730 IH 10 West, 82
- Camaron Pelado Seafood Grill, 2918 W. Commerce St., 81
- Rios Barbacoa Express, 7870 Culebra Rd., 79
- Chas Super Market, 1431 N. Pine St., 78
- Kong’s Express, 903 S. Zarzamora, 78
- Saint City Tacos, 9735 IH 35 North, 78
- Spaghetti Warehouse, 1226 E. Houston St., 78
- Mi Guadalajara Mexican Grill, 1962 Bandera Rd., 75
- Culebra Meat Market, 2800 Culebra Rd., 74
- Feast, 1024 S. Alamo St., 69
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here.
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.