Woman mistakes dynamite for candle, blows off fingers
Happened during power outage in storm
BRIDGEPORT, CONNECTICUT – A Connecticut woman blew off several of her fingers after lighting a stick of dynamite that she thought was a candle.
It happened in Bridgeport Thursday night. According to CTPost.com, the woman was trying to light a candle during a power outage in a thunderstorm. Instead, she lit a quarter stick of dynamite.
One of her children called 911 and she was transported to the hospital with a serious hand injury. Nobody else was injured in the accident, which is under investigation. Police and fire crews on the scene found a second device they described as a "makeshift firework."
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.