Smell of gasoline at apartment fire leads to suspicions
Stairwell catches fire; 7 people displaced at Coronado Apartments
SAN ANTONIO – A stairwell fire at an apartment complex early Wednesday on the city's North Side may have been intentionally set, San Antonio firefighters said.
When firefighters arrived at the Coronado Apartments in the 9500 block of Lorene Street around 2:30 a.m., they noticed something suspicious.
"Some of our crew said they could smell gasoline or something that smelled like gasoline," said San Antonio Fire Department spokesman Woody Woodward. "Usually, those stairwell fires tend to be a little suspicious."
Woodward said seven people were displaced and SAFD along with the Red Cross are working to help relocate the displaced residents.
No injuries were reported, and damage to the building was estimated at $40,000.
#Breaking firefighters are on the scene of what they say was a fire in the stairwell of one of the Coronado apartment complexes on the north side, no injuries, but strong scent of gasoline and believe fire could have been intentionally set pic.twitter.com/gCVnkoh9P5— KSAT Max Massey (@MaxMasseyTV) January 9, 2019
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.