San Antonio city manager applicants selected for first round of interviews
8 candidates include 6 from San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio City Council on Friday narrowed down the list of city manager applicants from 31 to eight.
The eight applicants are:
- San Antonio Deputy City Manager Erik Walsh
- San Antonio Deputy City Manager Peter Zanoni
- San Antonio Assistant City Manager Carlos Contreras
- San Antonio Assistant City Manager Lori Houston
- San Antonio Assistant City Manager Rod Sanchez
- San Antonio Assistant City Manager Maria Villagomez
- Dallas Assistant City Manager Majed Al-Ghafry
- Las Vegas Deputy City Manager Orlando Sanchez
"We have narrowed the list to our priority candidates, and I am confident this process will result in a top-notch city manager who will assist us in moving our city forward," Mayor Ron Nirenberg said.
The first round of interviews will take place during a special City Council meeting at 1 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
City Council will open the meeting and then recess into executive session to consult with the City Attorney's Office and interview the applicants.
Applicants advancing to the second round of interviews will be announced Tuesday evening. The second round of interviews is currently scheduled for a special City Council meeting at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
The position became vacant when Sheryl Sculley announced in late November that she plans to retire after 13 years with the city.
Sculley plans to stay on no later than June to help with the transition of her successor.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.