Local school to help raise money for family who lost everything in house fire

SAN ANTONIOUPDATE: A local school is teaming up with Chic-fil-A to raise money for a family who lost everything in a house fire.

St. John Bosco School posted the fundraiser on its Facebook page. The school is encouraging people to eat at the Chic-fil-A located at 6565 Ingram Road Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Proceeds from the sales will go to the Colegio family, according to the post.

Thursday, Feb. 21 (tomorrow) is our Chic-fil A night. All proceeds from the sales on this night are going to the...

Posted by St. John Bosco School, San Antonio on Wednesday, February 20, 2019



A family has lost everything after their house caught fire on the West Side.

The fire happened Friday night on West Poplar Street near General McMullen Drive.

The fire started in the bedroom.

The family said the house has been in their family for years.

"All of the sudden, I just smelled smoke and ran to the room, and I tried to put out the fire, but I couldn't. It started breaking the glass, so I just got my two kids and ran out," said Gina Vasquez. "Now, we lost everything."

The American Red Cross will be helping the family find a place to stay for the night.

The San Antonio Fire Department said a candle possibly started the fire, but the arson unit will investigate further.