SAN ANTONIO - A west San Antonio meat market received a failing health score after a city inspector found accumulated blood and food debris in the market's deli area.
Culebra Meat Market, located at 2800 Culebra Road, received a score of 59 after the inspector also noticed food particles in the ice machine.
The market was told to throw out the ice and to properly clean the machine.
A cigarette butt was also found in the market's fryer area - an indication that an employee was smoking inside.
A woman working at the market's register told a KSAT 12 news crew to leave as soon as it walked in last week.
Health department records show that the market is now scheduled to go through a third follow-up inspection.
The person listed as the market's manager has not responded to requests for comment.
Oasis Cafe, located in the 300 block of North Main Avenue, received a failing score of 63 after an inspector found ready-to-eat food stored next to raw meats.
The downtown restaurant was also cited after employees were seen not washing their hands and after a dust buildup was found on ceilings, pipes and walls.
Cafe management was also told to replace a missing ceiling tile.
A woman who identified herself as a manager said that Oasis Cafe corrected all of its issues.
City records indicate that the restaurant had zero violations during a Dec. 6 follow-up inspection.
Chile Tomate y Cebolla Mejican Restaurant
Chile Tomate y Cebolla Mejican Restaurant, located in the 1000 block of Donaldson Avenue, received a 69 after an inspector noted the presence of pests and saw workers touching ready-to-eat foods with their bare hands.
The restaurant was also cited for having dirty exhaust vent filters and for having a hole in its ceiling.
Managers on duty when KSAT 12 stopped by admitted to the problems then showed a copy of a follow-up inspection that found only one repeat violation.
Management refused to let a KSAT news crew see the kitchen area.
A woman eating at the restaurant later came outside and said management was telling customers KSAT 12 had gone to the wrong address.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.