BEXAR COUNTY, Texas - Two men who are accused of killing a man inside Rolling Oaks Mall on Jan. 22 were indicted by a Bexar County grand jury for capital murder Thursday.
The Bexar County Criminal District Attorney's office said Jose Luis Rojas, 34, and Jason Prieto, 35, were both armed when they entered the mall's Kay Jewelers store.
- Rolling Oaks Mall shooting leaves 1 dead, several hospitalized
- One Rolling Oaks Mall shooting suspect charged
- More arrests possible in Rolling Oaks Mall shooting, police say
- Rolling Oaks Mall shooting widow: ‘The guy just started shooting him'
- 4 mall incidents involving guns reported in less than month's time
- Rolling Oaks Mall reopens; shooting raises concealed carry issue
Jose Luis Rojas:
Officials said Jonathan Murphy, a customer at the store, was shot and killed as the pair robbed it.
Rojas was shot by a mall patron who had a license to carry.
Officials said Prieto, who left the mall after the shooting, was found by police, asleep in a culvert after he wrecked his vehicle.
The DA's office said Rojas and Prieto were both indicted as habitual offenders because of their criminal history.
Both men are awaiting trial.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.