Elevator motor overheats, causing small fire in downtown Hampton Inn

No injuries reported

SAN ANTONIO - No injuries were reported after a small fire in a Hampton Inn.

Crews were called out to the hotel on Bowie Street and Bonham after smoke began filling the lobby Saturday.

The smoke alarms had gone off and everyone was evacuated.

Firefighters traced the problem to a motor in an elevator that overheated.

No one was in the elevator at the time. 

Everyone was allowed back in after crews gave the OK. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Don't miss a thing. Get email alerts from KSAT 12 today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox. Breaking news, severe weather, daily forecasts, entertainment news, all of the day’s important events to keep you up to date wherever you are.

Sign up today. It's Free.

Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.