Food cooking on stove blamed for fatal apartment fire

1 killed, 2 injured in fire at Ashler Oaks Apartments on Parkdale Street

By David Ibanez - Web - Managing Editor

SAN ANTONIO - Food cooking on the stove is being blamed for an apartment fire that killed a 68-year-old woman and injured two others, fire officials said Monday.

About 10 people were displaced and four units were destroyed  by the two-alarm fire Aug. 20 at the Ashler Oaks Apartments in the 4100 block of Parkdale Street.

Barbara Lowe was killed in the fire.

San Antonio Fire Chief Charles Hood said there were reports of residents dangling and jumping out of windows.

"We did have (a) victim jump out of a window," he said.

Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.